Recently I started adding lemon slices to my bath water. I wish I had known about this sooner. Not only is it beautiful your skin feels amazing afterwards.
Below are listed some of the benefits of using lemons and lemon juice on your body.
- Relaxing and de-stressing. The scent of lemon is known to be calming and uplifting, and can help to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Soothing sore muscles. The acidity of lemon juice can help to soothe sore muscles and reduce inflammation.
- Improving circulation. The warmth of the bath water combined with the essential oils in the lemon can help to improve circulation and promote relaxation.
- Brightening the skin. The vitamin C in lemons can help to brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of dark spots and blemishes.
- Reducing acne. The acidity of lemon juice can help to kill acne-causing bacteria and reduce inflammation.
- Deodorizing. The scent of lemon can help to deodorize the body and leave you feeling fresh and clean.
To make a lemon bath, simply add a few slices of lemon to a warm bath. You can also add a few drops of lemon essential oil for an extra boost of benefits. Soak for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
Here are some additional tips for taking a lemon bath:
- Use filtered or distilled water if your tap water is hard.
- Add a few drops of lemon essential oil for an extra boost of benefits.
- Soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water afterwards.
- Avoid taking a lemon bath if you have sensitive skin.
Here are some potential side effects of taking a lemon bath:
- Dry skin. The acidity of lemon juice can dry out the skin, so it is important to moisturize afterwards.
- Allergic reaction. If you are allergic to lemons, you may experience a rash or other allergic reaction.
- Staining. The juice of lemons can stain your bathtub, so be sure to rinse it thoroughly afterwards.
Overall, taking a lemon bath is a safe and effective way to improve your health and well-being. However, it is important to be aware of the potential side effects and to take precautions if you have sensitive skin or allergies.
Leave a Reply